1. Can Colleyville Heritage repeat history when the Panthers take on Euless Trinity, 7 p.m. Thursday at Pennington Field. The game will be aired live on TXA 21. The Panthers beat Trinity 31-14 last season to snap a nine-game losing streak in the series. They celebrated so much they took it to Whataburger during post-game.
2. Is something wrong with Denton Guyer? The two-time state champions aren’t having much success the past two weeks. Aledo and Cedar Hill shut them out. The Aledo loss was the program’s first shutout since its first varsity game in 2006, and the Wildcats were never shut out in back-to-back games. They lost 3-star DT and Oklahoma State commit Grant Mahon for the season, but should be getting back star RB Kaedric Cobbs this week vs. North Crowley.
3. District gets started for some Fort Worth area teams in 3-5A Division I. The nine-team district race begins in Week 3: Arlington Heights vs. Brewer; South Hills vs. Saginaw; Azle vs. Granbury and Chisholm Trail vs. Crowley. Every team playing this week is 1-1. Boswell, which was predicted to win the district, is off this week and sitting at 0-2.
4. Is Cedar Hill back? The Longhorns hit a road block last season, missing out on the playoffs for the first time since 2004. Something unusual for the three-time state champ. But Cedar Hill is off to a scorching start against two of the best in John Tyler and Guyer. The Longhorns have outscored them 85-7. The defense has played a key role, allowing an average of 188 yards per game with nine sacks and four turnovers.
5. Top games to watch include Hebron vs. Fossil Ridge; Allen vs. Coppell; Grapevine vs. Northwest; Bowie vs. Rockwall; Reedy vs. Lake Dallas; Flower Mound vs. Prosper; Permian vs. Carroll; Nolan Catholic vs. Celina; Legacy vs. Mansfield; Lake Highlands vs. Haltom; Brock vs. Liberty Christian; DeSoto vs. Bishop Dunne; All Saints vs. TC-Cedar Hill.