Jerry Jones took some heat this week.
The Dallas Cowboys are now 3-5 and face a make-or-break game this weekend when they visit Philadelphia to play the Eagles.
First, Jones said he would not fire head coach Jason Garrett or offensive coordinator Scott Linehan before the end of this season.
Then, he said that quarterback Dak Prescott is “young, and he’s going to get extended.”
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Star-Telegram
And, according to BetDSI.com, Prescott will likely be the starter next season. The site currently list’s Prescott’s odds of being the Week 1 starter in 2019 at -500.
However, the list of potential substitutes might cause concern within the ranks of Cowboys fans should one of those individuals ever become the starter for this franchise.
Here are the signal callers the site lists as the next-best odds to take over for Dak Prescott:
- Eli Manning, New York Giants: +250
- Nick Foles, Philadelphia Eagles: +350
- Colt McCoy, Washington Redskins: +750
- Teddy Bridgewater, New Orleans Saints: +1000
- Tyrod Taylor, Cleveland Browns: +2000
- Mike Glennon, Arizona Cardinals:+2000
- Brock Osweiler, Miami Dolphins: +3000
- Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: +5000
- Jameis Winston, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: +5000
- Robert Griffin III, Baltimore Ravens: + 10000
- Field (Any other player): +300
In most other years, there would likely be odds for college quarterbacks, too. But their absence may be due to the fact that the Cowboys traded their first-round pick to the Oakland Raiders in exchange for wide receiver Amari Cooper.