After-hours club on Fort Worth’s Northside closed down for illegal activity
An after-hours club on Fort Worth’s Northside has been shut down after a police operation discovered dangerous illegal activity at the location, officials said.
“Club 3108 operated in violation of state law and incurred a range of incidents since its inception that have endangered both the safety of their patrons as well as local residents,” Fort Worth police said in a news release Wednesday.
Police didn’t give specific details about the incidents, but said officers found 260 bottles of alcohol and a gun during a warranted search of the premises.
A 19-year-old man was fatally shot in the club’s parking lot on July 6, the Star-Telegram previously reported. Detectives learned the victim, Julian Mileo, was approached by a group of people who’d been involved in a fight. The fight had been broken up by witnesses, but several suspects retrieved guns from their cars and fired at Mileo, police said.
A suspect, 19-year-old Victor Enrique Reyes, is charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon in connection with the July 6 incident, according to a police report and court records.
According to police, evidence gathered during the summer led to the discovery of the club’s illegal operations. The owner was arrested on felony warrants regarding violation of state laws.
“Fort Worth City Legal has initiated legal proceedings against these venues operating in such manner and will continue to do so as necessary,” police said in the release. “FWPD is dedicated to providing safety and security to all who call Fort Worth home.”