2 men who ran sex trafficking ring near and in Fort Worth accept plea deals

Two of the three men accused of being a part of a sex trafficking ring operating near Fort Worth have accepted federal plea deals, according to court records.

Joshua Glaze and Faizal Sabar pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit sex trafficking. Both men faced up to life in prison. Glaze was sentenced to 10 years, and Sabar to 20 years plus 15 years of supervised release.

Kasey Mabry — another man who was arrested during the investigation but not charged with sex trafficking — is scheduled to go to trial in June on a charge of selling firearms without a license. A criminal complaint filed in October says that Mabry was arrested at the same time officers with several agencies were investigating the sex trafficking ring.

Mabry told investigators that he sold Sabar four guns in exchange for sex with one of the women who told police Sabar was trafficking her.

A search warrant was executed in December at Sabar’s home, in the 4400 block of Southbend Drive in Fort Worth, and one of the guns sold to him by Mabry was found, a criminal complaint says.

Sabar and Glaze assaulted at least two women in order to sell them for sex, the complaint says. The men would post ads of the women online and keep the money the two women made. They would also give both women a certain quota they would have to make before they’d be allowed to sleep or eat, according to the document.

Investigators who scoured through a website often used for the purpose of sex trafficking found advertisements for both of the women.

One of the victims was interviewed by the Department of Homeland Security in March 2018. She told investigators she had been pimped by Sabar from November 2016 to February 2018. He and Glaze would sell her in Fort Worth, Waco, Northlake and Lewisville, the document says.

If she angered Sabar in any way or didn’t make enough money, the woman said, Sabar would beat her. On several occasions, she said that Sabar raped her, according to the document. One witness told investigators that he would often see the woman with bruises on her face and body.

The other woman declined to speak with police, the document says.

Related stories from Fort Worth Star Telegram