Sex trafficking ring busted near Fort Worth after guns were used as payment, feds say

A sex trafficking ring operating near Fort Worth was recently busted after one man was arrested, accused of trading guns for sex, according to federal court documents.

Kasey Mabry was charged in October with selling firearms without a license. A criminal complaint filed that month says that Mabry was arrested at the same time officers with several agencies were investigating a sex trafficking ring.

Mabry told investigators that he sold Faizal Sabar four firearms. A search warrant was executed in December at Sabar’s home, in the 4400 block of Southbend Drive in Fort Worth, and one of the guns sold to him by Mabry was found, the complaint says.

A separate criminal complaint that was recently unsealed charges Sabar with conspiracy to commit sex trafficking and using violence to engage in commercial sex acts. Also charged is Joshua Glaze.

It says a man with the initials K.M. — Mabry, of Fort Worth — traded firearms to Sabar in exchange for sex with one of the accusers.

Sabar and Glaze assaulted at least two women in order to sell them for sex, the complaint says. The men would post ads of the women online and keep the money the two women made. They would also give both women a certain quota they would have to make before they’d be allowed to sleep or eat, according to the document.

Investigators who scoured through a website often used for the purpose of sex trafficking found advertisements for both of the women.

One of the victims was interviewed by the Department of Homeland Security in March 2018. She told investigators she had been pimped by Sabar from November 2016 to February 2018. He and Glaze would sell her in Fort Worth, Waco, Northlake and Lewisville, the document says.

If she angered Sabar in any way or didn’t make enough money, the woman said, Sabar would beat her. On several occasions, she said that Sabar raped her, according to the document. One witness told investigators that he would often see the woman with bruises on her face and body.

The other woman declined to speak with police, the document says.

All three men are scheduled for a trial date in May.

Related stories from Fort Worth Star Telegram

Nichole Manna is an investigative reporter for the Star-Telegram. Before moving to Fort Worth in July 2018, she covered crime and breaking news in Tennessee, North Carolina, Nebraska and Kansas. She is a 2012 graduate of Middle Tennessee State University and grew up in Florida.