One person who fell ill while counting offerings at Fellowship Church in Grapevine on Sunday is OK, according to the Grapevine Fire Department.
Employees of the church, at 2450 Texas 121, were counting offerings and one person opened a bag that was sent from one of the church’s satellite campuses. That person felt something sticky on the bag.
“They closed it, cleaned their hands and went back to work,” Fire Chief Darrell Brown said on Sunday.
The person who touched the bag started to feel sick and reported feeling flush and having a runny nose. That person went to the hospital and was later released, Brown said.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
On Monday morning, Brown said a variety of tests were performed on the substance and all were negative.
“After full inspection of said monies, the postal inspector and consultant from the Federal Bureau of Investigation had confirmed that no further inspections are necessary,” Brown said.