Lewis, a third-round pick out of Michigan, is facing a misdemeanor domestic violence charge in Ann Arbor, Michigan. The trial is expected to be Monday and Tuesday.
Lewis' attorney, John Shea, could not be reached for comment.
The Cowboys’ first training camp practice is scheduled for Monday. The team charter departs for California on Saturday. The Cowboys have yet to respond whether Lewis will fly with the team and then return to Michigan, or if he'll meet up with the team after the trial is over.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Asked about Lewis' status earlier this week, executive vice president Stephen Jones said: "I’m not sure yet. We’ll know more as we get ready for the flight exactly the logistics of everybody as far as that goes.”
This stems from an alleged incident on March 15 in which Lewis’ ex girlfriend accused him of grabbing her by the neck and dragging her across the living room. Lewis' version of the events differed.
Lewis denied any wrongdoing and spoke of his innocence after the Cowboys selected him.
“I completely think that all charges will be dropped, and I think I will be exonerated from everything,” Lewis said. “I’m completely innocent. I believe that wholeheartedly.”
Lewis had six interceptions in his career at Michigan, and was a first-team All-America in 2015 and 2016. He is expected to compete for a starting cornerback job with the Cowboys.