Just leave the drones, selfie sticks and balloons at home.
That’s at the top of the to-do list for anyone planning to attend President Donald Trump’s rally in Dallas on Thursday.
Thousands of North Texans are expected to attend the 7 p.m. Keep America Great rally at the American Airlines Center, 2500 Victory Ave.
You need a ticket to get in to the rally. If you don’t have one, you can sign up for tickets online at donaldjtrump.com/events.
Here are a few things security officials want you to know:
▪ It will be crowded, so show up early. The doors are scheduled to open at 4 p.m.
▪ Be ready for security. Metal detectors will be used and everyone will be scanned.
▪ There are a number of prohibited items. Among the things you can’t bring in: Backpacks, bicycles, balloons, drones, firearms, laser pointers, selfie sticks, toy guns and weapons of any kind. Other items not allowed include aerosols, mace, pepper spray, packages, coolers, explosives and any glass, thermal or metal containers.
▪ Handheld signs are allowed. But signs larger than 20 feet by 3 feet are not allowed and no supports for signs or placards — such as poles or stakes — are allowed either.
▪ The only animals allowed are service or guide animals.
▪ Big bags — suitcases, beach bags, large purses — are restricted. Any bags larger than 14 inches by 14 inches by 6 inches are not allowed.