Crime

Police investigate Arlington stabbing death; no arrests in 30-year-old man’s killing

A 30-year-old man was stabbed to death early Saturday in Arlington, authorities said.

Antonio Merle was stabbed about 2:30 a.m. in the 5700 block of Prescott Drive, a residential block in the city, according to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office.

Merle was taken to Medical City Arlington and pronounced dead.

Detectives were interviewing people who may know of the circumstances of the killing, an Arlington police spokesman said.

No arrests had been made as of Saturday night.

Merle lived in Arlington.

This story was originally published January 11, 2020 at 8:49 PM.

Emerson Clarridge
Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Emerson Clarridge covers crime and other breaking news for the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. He works days and reports on law enforcement affairs in Tarrant County. He previously was a reporter at the Omaha World-Herald and the Observer-Dispatch in Utica, New York.
Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER