Local

Double fatality wreck under investigation in south Fort Worth

McClatchy archive

Police have sectioned off a portion of McCart Avenue at Columbus Trail as they investigate a crash that killed two people on Sunday morning.

Officer Jimmy Pollozani said the crash involved two vehicles. Two occupants of one vehicle died after they were T-boned by another vehicle at around 9:30 a.m., he said.

The driver of the other vehicle was taken to the hospital with injuries that aren’t considered life threatening, he said.

The cause of the crash is still under investigation.

In October, 22-year-old Keenan Hilsabeck was killed in a crash at the same intersection. Police say his vehicle was hit by another car that had been racing on the street at around 4 a.m.

This is a developing story that will be updated when we have more information.

This story was originally published December 2, 2018 at 10:30 AM.

Related Stories from Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Nichole Manna
Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Nichole Manna was an award-winning investigative reporter for the Fort Worth Star-Telegram from 2018 to 2023, focusing on criminal justice. Previously, she was a reporter at newspapers in Tennessee, North Carolina, Nebraska and Kansas. She is on Twitter: @NicholeManna
Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER