If you are a fan of video games, in particularly Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, then Fort Worth is going to be the place to be the next few days.
The top 16 teams in the world will compete in the CWL Fort Worth main event, while hundreds of amateur squads will battle in an open bracket.
The 16 team 2019 CWL Pro League will compete for a $325,000 prize pool, while the open bracket event will compete for a $75,000 prize pool.
The 16 pro teams will be split into four groups with the top two teams from each pool advancing to the double-elimination championship bracket.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Star-Telegram
WHEN: March 15 - Amateur and Pro league matches - 2pm start – 12am
Sat, March 16 - Amateur and Pro matches cont. - 10am start – 12am
Sun, March 17 - Championship matches - 10am start – 8 p.m.
Doors open approximately one hour before scheduled start.
WHERE: Fort Worth Convention Center
MORE INFO: MLG officials anticipate more than 80,000 concurrent viewers will tune in to watch the action with more than 78,000 total minutes watched. Tickets to attend the event can be purchased online or at the door. This event was secured in partnership between Fort Worth Sports (a department of Visit Fort Worth) and the Fort Worth Convention Center.
Here are the pool play groups for CWL Fort Worth 2019.
- Gen.G: Chance “Maux” Moncivaez, Michael “MajorManiak” Szymaniak, Jared “Nagafen” Harrell, Colt “Havok” McLendon, and Dylan “Envoy” Hannon
- Heretics: Alejandro “Lucky” López, Juan “JurNii” Antonio González, Jorge “MethodZ” Bancells, Endika “Sukry” Andres, and Adrian “MeTTalZz” Serrano
- UYU: Mehran “Mayhem” Anjomshoa, Nicholas “Proto” Maldonado, Anthony “Methodz” Zinni, Adian “GorgoKnight” Provenzano, and Saul “Parzelion” Masse-Siguenza
- Denial Esports: Wailers Locart, Ryan “ZeeK” Lapierre, Lucas “rizK” Derambure, Paul “Breszy” Breszynski, and Nathan “Natshay” Dupuis
- 100 Thieves: Kenny Williams, Preston “Priestahh” Greiner, Sam “Octane” Larew, Austin “SlasheR” Liddicoat, and Ian “Enable” Wyatt
- Red Reserve: Joseph “Joee” Pinnington, Rhys “Rated” Price, Trei “Zer0” Morris, Matthew “Skrapz” Marshall, and Ben Bance
- Enigma6: Jordon General, Steven “Diabolic” Rivero, Matthew “KiSMET” Tinsley, Bradley “Frosty” Bergstrom, and Martin Chino
- Evil Geniuses: John “Xotic” Bruno, Tyler “FeLo” Johnson, Jevon “Goonjar” Gooljar-Lim, Matthew “Royalty” Faithfull, and Dillon “Attach” Price
- Midnight Esports: Devin “LlamaGod” Tran, Renato “Saints” Forza, Christopher “Parasite” Duarte, Andres Lacefield, and Rasim “Blazt” Ogresevic
- Splyce: Jordan “Jurd” Crowley, Donovan “Temp” Laroda, Ulysses “Aqua” Silva, Daniel “Loony” Loza, and Lamar “Accuracy” Abedi
- Luminosity: Josiah “Slacked” Berry, Johnathan “John” Perez, Matthew “FormaL” Piper, Peirce “Gunless” Hillman, and Nicholas “Classic” DiCostanzo
- Excelerate Gaming: Christopher “ProFeeZy” Astudillo, Mike “MRuiz” Ruiz, Eric “JetLi” Phan, Carson “Brack” Newberry, and Cesar “Skyz” Bueno
- eUnited: James “Clayster” Eubanks, Alec “Arcitys” Sanderson, Preston “Prestinni” Sanderson, Jordan “JKap” Kaplan, and Tyler “aBeZy” Pharris
- OpTic Gaming: Seth “Scump” Abner, Ian “Crimsix” Porter, Damon “Karma” Barlow, Tommy “TJHaLy” Haly, and Brandon “Dashy” Otell
- Team Envy: Patrick “ACHES” Price, Adam “Assault” Garcia, Justin “SiLLY” Fargo-Palmer, Bryan “Apathy” Zhelyazkov, and Cuyler “Huke” Garland
- Team Reciprocity: Thomas “Tommey” Trewren, Bradley “Wuskin” Marshall, Sean “Seany” O’Connor, Zach “Zed” Denyer, and Dylan Henderson
Matches begin at 2pm CT on Friday and Saturday. On Sunday, however, the first match will start at 10am CT.
Friday, March 15
- 2pm CT: 100 Thieves vs. Evil Geniuses
- 2pm CT: Midnight vs. Splyce
- 2pm CT: Red Reserve vs. Enigma6
- 2pm CT: Luminosity vs. Excelerate
- 3:30pm CT: Gen.G vs. Heretics
- 3:30pm CT: OpTic Gaming vs. Reciprocity
- 3:30pm CT: eUnited vs. Team Envy
- 3:30pm CT: UYU vs. Denial Esports
- 5pm CT: 100 Thieves vs. Red Reserve
- 5pm CT: Midnight vs. Luminosity
- 5pm CT: Splyce vs. Excelerate
- 5pm CT: Enigma6 vs. Evil Geniuses
- 6:30pm CT: OpTic Gaming vs. Team Envy
- 6:30pm CT: eUnited vs. Reciprocity
- 6:30pm CT: Heretics vs. UYU
- 6:30pm CT: Gen.G vs. Denial Esports
- 8pm CT: Splyce vs. Luminosity
- 8pm CT: 100 Thieves vs. Enigma6
- 8pm CT: Red Reserve vs. Evil Geniuses
- 8pm CT: Midnight vs. Excelerate
- 9:30pm CT: eUnited vs. OpTic Gaming
- 9:30pm CT: Team Envy vs. Reciprocity
- 9:30pm CT: Heretics vs. Denial Esports
- 9:30pm CT: Gen.G vs. UYU
Additionally, TCL, America’s Fastest-Growing TV Brand, is offering fans the best hands on experience at the Call of Duty World League (CWL), Fort Worth. Fans who visit the TCL booth on Friday and Saturday will be able to test their skills against former Call of Duty pro players in a 1-on-1 battle for a chance to win a 55-inch TCL Roku TV. Additionally, fans who come by the booth on Sunday will be able to join their favorite Call of Duty casting duo as they drop into Blackout, Call of Duty’s new battle royale mode.
Friday, March 15 – 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. CST
Saturday, March 16 – 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. CST
Sunday, March 17 – 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. CST
BEAT THE PRO:
Anthony “NAMELESS” Wheeler: Friday, 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Joe “MerK” DeLuca: Saturday, 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Philip “Momo” Whitfield and Miles “MilesTheRoss” Ross: Sunday, 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
WHERE: TCL Booth and Lounge - Fort Worth Convention Center
1201 Houston Street, Fort Worth, TX