Tony Romo didn’t offer much in regards to his thoughts about postponing – and likely canceling – his fantasy football convention for a second consecutive year.
Romo spoke publicly for the first time Thursday since news broke that the NFL reportedly continues to interfere with his hopes of putting on a fantasy football convention, the NFFC.
Organizers of the event announced Tuesday that it'd be postponed.
“I don’t want to talk on that yet,” Romo said. “I’ve got to go have a meeting about that this weekend. We’ll figure all that out. I haven’t really dealt with it. Just been football this off-season and they kind of filled me in on what happened. But I just haven’t talked to them yet.”
Asked if he felt the event would happen this year, Romo said: “That’s a great question, but since I said I probably wouldn’t talk about it.”
Asked another way, Romo said: “Yeah, that’s a good try.”
The NFFC had been scheduled for July 15-17 at the Pasadena, Calif., Convention Center, but organizers of the event are blaming the NFL once again for its likely cancellation.
Last year, the NFL threatened discipline for players involved with the scheduled event in Las Vegas, citing “for perceived association with gambling.”
This year’s event had been moved to California, but the NFL targeted sponsors in derailing it, a source told the Star-Telegram’s Clarence E. Hill Jr. earlier this week.
In an announcement to its fans about the postponement earlier this week, the NFFC wrote: “We've arrived at this decision on after lengthy and heart-wrenching deliberations.
"But the NFL's blatant and continued interference has fractured beyond recovery our capacity to deliver the opportunities the NFFC had intended to provide."