Dez Bryant remains in a boot, but the Cowboys receiver got a “great report” from his surgeon during a checkup last week.
“He had a very positive appointment late last week,” Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said Tuesday. “Things are good.”
Jones expects Bryant for most of the team’s off-season program, which begins in April. Bryant missed last year’s off-season work in a contract holdout.
“He’s going to be ready right about then,” Jones said.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Star-Telegram
Bryant underwent a second bone graft on his right foot on Jan. 6 at the Hospital for Special Surgeries in New York. Dr. Marin O’Malley also removed a bone spur from Bryant’s right ankle.
O’Malley gave Bryant a favorable report last week, according to Jones.
Bryant fractured the fifth metatarsal on his right foot in the season opener and his initial surgery sidelined him five games. He admitted late last month that he never was fully healthy the rest of the season.
Bryant played in only nine games, catching 31 passes for 401 yards and three touchdowns, before going on injured reserve.
Jones said he “absolutely” believes Bryant will return to his 2014 form when Bryant earned All-Pro honors for the first time with 88 catches for 1,320 yards and 16 touchdowns.