The Dallas Cowboys (6-1) are working overtime and following a positive trend to make this season successful.
It is the third time Dallas has started the season 0-1 and won its next six games. The only other times that scenario played out was in 1982 and 2014 with both teams making the playoffs. The 1982 team lost at Washington in the NFC Championship game. The 2014 team lost at Green Bay in the NFC Divisional playoffs.
Also, for the seventh consecutive game, the Dallas defense did not allow a 100-yard rusher or a 100-yard receiver against the opposing offense. It is also the longest such streak since the team had nine consecutive games in the 2009 season.
The 2009 team also made the playoffs, losing in the NFC Divisional round at Minnesota.
Dak Prescott is the second rookie quarterback in NFL history to start a career by winning six of his first seven starts. The other was Johnny Lujack of the Chicago Bears in 1948.
Rookie Ezekiel Elliott leads the NFL in rushing 799 yards and is third in the league with 949 scrimmage yards.
The Browns are coming off a 31-28 home loss against the New York Jets after leading 20-7 at halftime.
The Browns, who have used six quarterbacks this season, have shown positive flashes on offense. However, their defense is ranked last in the NFL.
Wide receiver Terrelle Pryor is the only player in the NFL with a rushing touchdown, receiving touchdown and five or more pass attempts this season. He had six catches for 101 yards against the Jets. He was moved from quarterback to wide receiver last season.
Running back Isaiah Crowell has 524 rushing yards and five touchdowns on 106 carries.
Here are some other notables:
▪ Since the AFC/NFC merger in 1970, the Cowboys have the most road wins (185) and highest win percentage (.515) in the league. The Cowboys are 3-0 on the road this season.
▪ The Browns lead the all-time series 17-13, but Dallas has won the past three meetings.
▪ The Browns acquired linebacker Jamie Collins this week from New England in a trade for a conditional draft pick.
▪ The Browns are second in the NFL with 33 rushing plays of 10-plus yards and third in the league with a 4.93 rushing average.
▪ Browns rookie linebacker Emmanuel Ogbah has three sacks in the past three weeks. He is tied for third among all rookies in sacks.
▪ Browns linebacker Tank Carder (TCU), defensive back Derrick Kindred (TCU), quarterback Josh McCown (Sam Houston State), wide receiver Corey Coleman (Baylor) and offensive lineman Spencer Drango (Baylor) played football in Texas.
Opp. Scoring average
Dallas Cowboys regular-season schedule
Giants 20, Cowboys 19
Cowboys 27, Redskins 23
Cowboys 31, Bears 17
Cowboys 24, 49ers 17
Cowboys 28, Bengals 14
Cowboys 30, Packers 16
Cowboys 29, Eagles 23, OT
KXAS/5, NFL Net.
at NY Giants
vs. Tampa Bay