Voters in Colleyville and Arlington continue to turn out in droves, shattering early voting totals from previous years by just the fifth of nine early voting days, according to numbers released Friday.
In Arlington 6,935 voters had come out citywide to voice their opinion on a proposed ban of red-light cameras and a competitive race for the mayor’s seat. That compares with 5,894 voters for all of early voting in 2013 and 6,853 in 2014, according to reports from the Tarrant County Elections Office. Some districts in Arlington are also filling City Council seats.
Colleyville, which has a population of 24,500, had already seen 1,784 voters at the polls by the end of Friday. That compares with 1,182 voters from all nine days of early voting in 2014. Colleyville did not have a citywide election in 2013.
A proposition in Colleyville to limit the scope of work on Glade Road is credited as being a draw for voters.
Glade Road, one of the main east-west roadways for commuters, has become congested, and safety concerns have arisen. But residents who want to keep the town’s “rural feel” started a petition to get a referendum to limit expansion of the road on the ballot. Critics have said that if the referendum passes, it will make it difficult to do work on the road.
Across Tarrant County, 21,235 people had cast their ballots in-person and 8,129 people had mailed in their ballots.
Early voting runs until Tuesday, and election day is Saturday.
Questions on early voting? Call the Tarrant County Elections Administration at 817-831-8683.
Caty Hirst, 817-390-7984
Early voting locations
▪ Main early voting site:
Tarrant County Election Center, 2700 Premier St., Fort Worth
▪ Bob Duncan Center, 2800 S. Center St., Arlington
▪ Elzie Odom Athletic Center, 1601 NE Green Oaks Blvd., Arlington
▪ Center for Community Service Junior League of Arlington, 4002 W. Pioneer Parkway
▪ South Service Center, 1100 SW Green Oaks Blvd., Arlington
▪ St. Joseph Catholic Church Parish Hall, 1927 SW Green Oaks Blvd., Arlington
▪ Tarrant County Subcourthouse, 700 E. Abram St., Arlington
▪ B.J. Clark Annex, Room 4, 603 Southeast Parkway, Azle
▪ Bedford Public Library, 2424 Forest Ridge Drive
▪ Colleyville City Hall, 100 Main St.
▪ Crowley ISD Administration Building, 512 Peach St.
▪ Euless Public Library, 201 N. Ector Drive
▪ Forest Hill Civic and Convention Center, 6901 Wichita St.
▪ All Saints Catholic Church Parish Hall, 200 NW 20th St., Fort Worth
▪ Diamond Hill/Jarvis Library, 1300 NE 35th St., Fort Worth
▪ East Regional Library, 6301 Bridge St., Fort Worth
▪ Griffin Subcourthouse, 3212 Miller Ave., Fort Worth
▪ Handley-Meadowbrook Community Center, 6201 Beaty St., Fort Worth
▪ James Avenue Service Center, 5001 James Ave., Fort Worth
▪ JPS Health Center Viola M. Pitts/Como, Lower Level — Suite 100, 4701 N. Bryant Irvin Road, Fort Worth
▪ Northwest Branch Library, 6228 Crystal Lake Drive, Fort Worth
▪ Southside Community Center, 959 E. Rosedale St., Fort Worth
▪ Southwest Community Center, 6300 Welch Ave., Fort Worth
▪ Southwest Regional Library, 4001 Library Lane, Fort Worth
▪ Southwest Subcourthouse, 6551 Granbury Road, Fort Worth
▪ Summerglen Branch Library, 4205 Basswood Blvd., Fort Worth
▪ Tarrant County Plaza Building, 201 Burnett St., Fort Worth
▪ Worth Heights Community Center, 3551 New York Ave., Fort Worth
▪ Asia Times Square, 2615 W. Pioneer Parkway (corner of Pioneer Parkway and Great Southwest Parkway), Grand Prairie
▪ The REC of Grapevine, 1175 Municipal Way
▪ Haltom City Northeast Center, 3201 Friendly Lane
▪ Haslet Public Library, 100 Gammil St.
▪ Hurst Recreation Center, 700 Mary Drive
▪ Keller Town Hall, 1100 Bear Creek Parkway
▪ Kennedale Community Center, 316 W, Third St.
▪ Mansfield Subcourthouse, 1100 E. Broad St.
▪ Dan Echols Center, 6801 Glenview Drive, North Richland Hills
▪ North Richland Hills Public Library, 9015 Grand Ave.
▪ Richland Hills Community Center, 3204 Diana Drive
▪ River Oaks City Hall, 4900 River Oaks Blvd.
▪ Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD Administration, Building 6 — Training Room, 1200 Old Decatur Road, Saginaw
▪ Southlake Town Hall, 1400 Main St.
▪ Watauga City Hall, 7105 Whitley Road
▪ Solana Office Complex Westlake Town Offices, 3 Village Circle
▪ White Settlement ISD Administration Building, 401 South Cherry Lane