National

Texan accused of child porn placed ad to ‘try necrophilia and cannibalism,’ feds say

A Texas man interested in cannibalism pleaded guilty to child exploitation violations in the Eastern District of Texas, U.S. Attorney Joseph D. Brown announced in a news release.

“These are the cases that remind us that evil is real,” Brown said in the release. “It also reminds us that we are fortunate that we have law enforcement working to stop these things.”

Alexander Nathan Barter, 23, pleaded guilty to attempted coercion and enticement of a minor and distribution of child pornography on Friday.

“Barter posted an ad on a dark web site stating, ‘I’d like to try necrophilia and cannibalism, and see how it feels to take a life. If you’d be willing to let me kill you, are in the US (preferably in the south) and can travel by car, contact me,’” the release said.

An undercover officer saw Barter’s ad and assumed the persona of a father with a 13-year-old daughter.

“Between October 9, 2018 and October 19, 2018, Barter and the undercover officer exchanged a series of messages that included Barter’s repeated interest in raping, killing, and eating the 13-year old child,” the release said. “Barter provided the undercover with instructions on traveling from Florida to Shelby County, Texas, what to tell the child to get her acquiescence to travel, and how to conceal evidence of their crime. On October 19, 2018, Barter arrived at the designated meet site in Joaquin, Texas with a knife, trash bag, cellular phone, and a tablet.”

In pleading guilty, Barter also told officials he used a “social media communications application, the internet, and digital devices he owned to communicate with other individuals about child pornography,” the release noted.

Barter will face a minimum term of 20 years in federal prison and a maximum sentence of 40 years when he is sentenced, officials said.

TC
Tyler Carter
Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Tyler Carter, a Real-Time reporter based out of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, is an avid lover of media, fitness, sports and telling impactful stories. Previously, he served as a trending/breaking news/crime reporter for AL.com and The Mississippi Press.
Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER