Fort Worth

2 men injured, 1 critically, in early morning Fort Worth shooting, police say

Two men were injured, one of them critically, in a shooting in south Fort Worth early Thursday morning, police said.

Units responded around 5 a.m. to the 3200 block of New York Avenue. The caller had screamed over the phone that her brother was shot, according to a police call log.

Responding officers found the two men who had been shot, police spokesperson Officer Daniel Segura said in an email. He was unable to describe the relationship between the victims.

Segura also couldn’t provide details of how the shooting unfolded. There were no witnesses to the suspect or suspects in the incident, he said, or a vehicle that drove along the street before leaving headed south.

It’s unclear if this vehicle was the getaway car or was involved in a drive-by shooting, Segura said.

“Investigators hope to get more specific details from the victims pending their recovery,” he said.

More than 15 units responded to the scene through the morning, according to the call log.

This story was originally published August 20, 2020 at 8:19 AM.

Related Stories from Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Jack Howland
Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Jack Howland was a breaking news and enterprise reporter for the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER