Crime

15-year-old killed in drive-by shooting in south Fort Worth, police say

Fort Worth police are investigating a drive-by shooting that killed a 15-year-old early Thursday, April 2.
Fort Worth police are investigating a drive-by shooting that killed a 15-year-old early Thursday, April 2. Getty Images/iStockphoto

A 15-year-old was killed in a drive-by shooting in south Fort Worth early Thursday, police said in a news release.

The Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office identified the victim as Prince Semaj Washington.

Officers responded to the 6700 block of Glenbrook Lane about 1:35 a.m. after a 911 caller reported their son had been shot, according to the call log. Police said they found the injured teen inside a house.

Washington was taken to John Peter Smith Hospital and died in there ER there less than an hour later, according to police and medical examiner records.

Homicide detectives are investigating the killing as a drive-by shooting, police said. No arrests have been announced in the case.

Anyone with information about the fatal shooting is asked to call the Fort Worth Police Department at 817-392-4330. Anonymous tips can be submitted to Tarrant County Crime Stoppers at 817-469-8477 or 469tips.com.

“Addressing gun violence is a shared responsibility, and information from the public plays a critical role in solving crimes and preventing further incidents,” police said in the release.

This story was originally published April 2, 2026 at 6:25 AM.

Harriet Ramos
Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Harriet Ramos covers crime and other breaking news for the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER