Timberview High School 15-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
A 15-year-old boy who was shot at Mansfield Timberview High School has been released from the hospital.
Zacchaeus Selby was one of four people who were injured in the school shooting on Oct. 6. His family said he was shot four times and underwent multiple surgeries.
Selby’s condition improved to “good” last week, when he was taken out of the ICU, family said on a GoFundMe update. He was released on Saturday and posted an Instagram story Wednesday morning.
“Zacc is still recovering but getting stronger and stronger each day. Zacc will soon be strong enough to work with physical therapy as doctors are hopeful for a full recovery within the coming months,” the GoFundMe said Wednesday morning. “That is truly amazing! Thank you for all your love and support . It is not going unnoticed and we love each and every one of you.”
According to court documents, 18-year-old student Timothy Simpkins shot Selby after teachers broke up a fight between the two. After fleeing the scene, Simpkins turned himself in hours later. He was charged with three counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
Simpkins is free on $75,000 bail. His family, through social media post, said he was bullied often and “fearful to go to school or even leave our home without an adult.”
This story was originally published October 20, 2021 at 1:26 PM.