Accused Fort Worth sex trafficker indicted, details of finances released
A 39-year-old man accused of running a sex trafficking ring in north Fort Worth was indicted Wednesday by a Dallas County grand jury.
Tremont Blakemore, aka Macknificent, was indicted on charges of aggravated promotion of prostitution, engaging in organized criminal activity, money laundering of more than $300,000, tampering with evidence and compelling prostitution by force, threat or fraud.
With his indictment, more information about the finances behind his alleged enterprise became public.
Blakemore made more than $841,500 from the ring between December 2017 and September 2018. investigators wrote.
However, Blakemore is accused of laundering money since at least January 2013. Some of his high-dollar purchases include luxury vehicles, cosmetic surgery for several women, hotel rooms and trips to South Texas for the purpose of promoting prostitution, the indictment says.
He also spent more than $103,000 on rent for five houses in the Dallas-Fort Worth area including one at 12405 Yellow Wood Drive in Fort Worth. The rentals are dated from February 2017 to August 2018.
Blakemore and several co-conspirators are accused of threatening to kill several women who were working within the enterprise if they were to ever leave, the document says.
The indictment says he required each woman he controlled — which was upwards of 20 at a time — to make $1,000 a night before he would let them in the house. He gave them $10 a day for food, the document says.
Blakemore has been held at the Dallas County Jail since his Sept. 11 arrest. Since then, he has been collaborating to send groups of women out to “trap” in order to make enough money to secure the release of his co-conspirators, the indictment says.
This story was originally published November 21, 2018 at 2:15 PM.