If your dad happens to live in Dallas-Fort Worth or surroundings and happens to like sports — in other words, most dads — here’s what you want to give him:
A solid day of fandom in front of his multiscreen TV as DFW sports figures and organizations fill the airwaves from morning to night. You can take dad to church and brunch and still give him time to change into the shorts and shirt you just bought him so he can watch:
- The U.S. Open golf championship at 10 a.m. on KDFW
- The Texas Rangers at the St. Louis Cardinals at 1 p.m. on FSSW
- FC Dallas at Kansas City soccer at 4 p.m. on ESPN
- TCU vs. Texas Tech in the College World Series in Omaha at 7 p.m. on ESPN2
- (Bonus) Game 7 of the NBA Championship (Cavaliers at Warriors) at 7 p.m. on WFAA
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Star-Telegram
Of course, if your dad’s not into sports, there are plenty of other options. Lots of restaurants and breweries are doing things to make his day special. Or you can all relax under the stars with Asleep at the Wheel at Concerts in the Garden Sunday night. If you do decide to do that, check out these tips.
Or you can just hang out and enjoy each other.
Happy Father’s Day!