▪ Memorial Day weekend service, 10 a.m. Sunday, NorthWood Church, 1870 Rufe Snow Drive, Keller. Pastor Oscar Muriu will be the guest preacher, and the Nairobi Chapel Choir will perform. A potluck lunch will follow.
▪ Third annual Tongues of Fire Chili Cook-off, noon Sunday, Central Christian Church, 3205 Hamilton Ave., Fort Worth. Sign up in the sanctuary.
▪ World Invocation Day meditation and candle-lighting, 7:30 p.m. June 1, School of Ageless Wisdom, 6005 Royaloak Drive, Arlington.
▪ Celebrate Recovery group for men, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Room C11, First Methodist Mansfield, 777 N. Walnut Creek Drive. The program uses the 12 steps and eight principles based on the teachings of Jesus in the Beatitudes to help participants deal with hurts, habits and hang-ups. The set of four participant guides is $18. Sold separately for $6 each. Debbie Black, email@example.com. www.firstmethodistmansfield.org.
▪ Vacation Bible Camp, 9 a.m.-noon or 6-8 p.m. June 15-18, First Methodist Mansfield, 777 N. Walnut Creek Drive. For kids 4 years old to fourth grade, including special-needs children. Free. Register at firstmethodistmansfield.org/SummerFun.
▪ The International Catholic Congress of Anglicans annual meeting, July 13-17, Fort Worth. Anglican leaders from Europe, Asia, Africa and the U.S. will address various topics, with the theme “One Church, One Faith, One Lord.” Details and registration at www.fifna.org.
Items should be received two weeks before the desired publication date. Email announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org.