Taylor and Shirlee Gandy have sold another downtown Fort Worth property, this one at the northeast corner of Houston and Ninth streets across from the Fort Worth Convention Center.
The 10,931-square-foot former savings and loan building was sold to 915 Houston Llc., an entity of real estate investor and developer Clay Mazur, principal of Mazur Capital in Fort Worth, records show.
In 2012, Mazur’s 1401 Foch L.P. bought the former Goldthwaite’s building and property at the south end of Foch Street near the entrance to Trinity Park. Several years ago, Mazur was also involved in developing the Capital Bar and the Magnolia Motor Lounge at Norwood and Morton streets, near West Seventh.
Scott Lowe with Vision Commercial, who represented the Gandy’s Ron Investments, said the buyer plans to repurpose the building, built in 1959, as a restaurant.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Mazur did not return phone calls seeking comment. Jordan Piper with Piper Commercial represented the buyer.
The Gandys also recently sold the former Rodeo Steakhouse building at 1309 Calhoun St. to Tony Formby, chief executive of 2x4 Brewing & Imports. The one-time investor in Fort Worth’s Rahr & Sons Brewing plans a distillery there.
Leon Capital buys Centreport land
The city of Fort Worth in March sold a 29-acre tract at the northeast corner of Trinity Boulevard and Centreport Drive in the Centreport business park to a Dallas developer that plans a 318-unit apartment community.
In early April, the developer, Leon Capital Group, won a rezoning request for the site at 14105 Trinity Blvd.
The land is part of the former Greater Southwest International Airport. Fort Worth started selling the airport land more than 30 years ago.
Fernando De Leon is the founder and CEO of Leon Capital Group, a real estate investment and development firm with approximately $2 billion in assets under management, according to its website.
Leon Capital Group also recently bought five acres at the southwest corner of Interstate 35W and Texas 114 near the Texas Motor Speedway for a shopping center. Edward Bogel and David Davidson Jr. with Venture Commercial negotiated the sale.
Arlington shopping center sold
Highpoint Capital Group, a Tarzana, Calif.-based private real estate investment group founded by Jeffrey Seltzer, has bought Six Flags Village, the shopping center at the southeast corner of Collins Street and Road to Six Flags in Arlington.
The 80,000-square-foot property was sold by Collins-Six Flags General Llc. in Dallas, whose manager is Steven M. Gregory, deed records show. The shopping center was built in 1988.
Highpoint Capital financed the deal with a $7.1 million note from Goldman Sachs, deed records show.
2241 S. Watson Road, Arlington
Glidepath Llc. leased 48,337 square feet of office/warehouse space. Michael Stanzel with NAI Robert Lynn represented the tenant. Cannon Green and Matt Dornak with Stream Realty represented the landlord.
5309 Superior Parkway, Fort Worth
Intex Electrical Contractors leased 3,375 square feet of industrial space in the USTC Mark IV Truck Center from CNL Real Estate Service Corp. Todd Hawpe and Jeff Givens with Transwestern represented the landlord. Sarah LanCarte with Transwestern represented the tenant.
5815 E. Berry St., Fort Worth
York Landscaping has leased 6,400 square feet of industrial space from ESCO Enterprises. Jeff Givens and Tracy Georges with Transwestern represented the landlord.
3010 S. Grove St., Fort Worth
Real estate investor Peter Lyden bought the 27,500-square-foot Area Metropolitan Ambulance Authority building. Jeff Givens and Davy Wright with Transwestern represented the buyer.
Sandra Baker, 817-390-7727