▪ Kids can participate in a live animal observation and a related activity at 2 p.m. July 2 at the River Legacy Living Science Center, 703 N.W. Green Oaks Blvd., Arlington. Register by calling 817-860-6752.
At 10 a.m. July 2, a new series of beginner adult yoga classes begins; bring mat and water bottle. It’s $5 per class or $15 for all five classes.
The center will be closed July 4. riverlegacy.org.
▪ Kids ages 5-8 can join a “Knee-High Naturalist” program on backyard birds at 1 p.m. July 2 in the Hardwicke Interpretive Center at the Fort Worth Nature Center and Refuge.
Or take a Grasshopper Walk with the whole family, 11 a.m. July 3. Another family-friendly program, All About Alligators, will be 1-2 p.m. and 3-4 p.m. July 4. This event is disabled-accessible.
These programs are free with paid admission. Admission to the refuge is $2-$5. 9601 Fossil Ridge Road, Fort Worth. 817-392-7410; www.fwnaturecenter.org.
▪ Get your gardening questions answered with a call to the Tarrant County Master Gardener Association help desk, 817-884-1944. Hours are 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
▪ Johnson County Master Gardeners also answer gardening questions and give advice 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Fridays. Call the Johnson County Extension Office at 817-556-6370 and ask to speak to a master gardener.
Mark your calendar …
▪ For the Fort Worth Audubon Society’s 12th annual scavenger hunt, 5:45 a.m. July 9. Participants will meet in the parking lot of Al’s Hamburgers, corner of Green Oaks Boulevard and Collins Street, Arlington. $5. Beginners welcome. Bring a team or be assigned to one. RSVP by July 6 to firstname.lastname@example.org or call or text 817-405-8132. www.fwas.org.
▪ For “Dig Deep 2016” Tarrant Area Food Bank’s conference for urban farmers, gardeners and community members. It will be 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m. July 16 at UNT Health Science Center’s Medical Education and Training Building, 1000 Montgomery St., Fort Worth. It’s $25. For more information and to register, visit tarrantareafoodbank.eventbrite.com.
Send announcements of local home and garden happenings (including retail news) at least two weeks in advance to Places to Go, Features Department, Star-Telegram, Box 1870, Fort Worth, TX 76101, or send an email to email@example.com with “Places to Go” in the subject line.