AT&T Stadium will play host to an annual match of the Mexican National Team for the next four years, the Dallas Cowboys, Federación Mexicana de Fútbol (FMF), MLS’ FC Dallas, and the Dallas Sports Commission announced on Wednesday.
The first match will take place on June 9, 2019, just days before the start of the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup. Tickets for the June game will go on sale on December 11 at 10 AM CT via MexTour.org or SeatGeek.com. The opponent and kickoff time will be announced at a later time.
As part of the new partnership, the following initiatives will be implemented:
▪ The North Texas region will highlight its soccer growth and showcase their state-of-the-art world-class facilities across multiple fan facing events
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Star-Telegram
▪ In conjunction with the Dallas Sports Commission, Mexico will participate in local community initiatives geared towards growing the sport and promoting the region’s blooming Hispanic population (including a bilingual childhood reading program)
▪ Events will be hosted throughout Dallas/Fort Worth all year long, culminating with a celebration of the sport and its culture at a fan-fest in downtown Dallas before each match
▪ AT&T Stadium will build cross-promotional opportunities between its initiatives and the FMF, including integration of athlete messages into its annual Hispanic Heritage Celebration Dallas Cowboys game
▪ FC Dallas will stage watch parties for out-of-market Mexico matches to build excitement for the annual AT&T Stadium match. The MLS club will also participate in youth clinics and community initiatives
“With the Dallas Cowboys fan base in Mexico, and the Mexican National Team being one of the most popular teams here in North Texas, we are excited for the opportunity to host Mexico at AT&T Stadium for years to come,” said Jerry Jones Jr. “We are thrilled to continue to engage these incredibly passionate fan bases with two premiere sports brands at one the best stadiums in the world.”
Since opening in 2009, AT&T Stadium and North Texas has become a second home for the Mexican National Team; el Tricolor have played seven games at the Cowboys’ home - a facility Mexico inaugurated – and have enjoyed a winning record of 5-1-1. The squad last played in Arlington against Croatia as part of its 2018 U.S. Tour.