Some observations while watching the gridiron journey Saturday of America’s football student-athletes:
1. The numbers in Vegas on the over-under for the TCU-Baylor game next month must be shooting up like a banner day on Wall Street.
2. If you needed more evidence that the football culture of 3 yards and a cloud of dust is a thing of the Aztecs, 17 of the Big 12 teams’ 32 touchdown drives this weekend took less than 2 minutes. Among those, five needed less than a minute.
3. Do you think Oklahoma was inspired to send a message in Manhattan, Kan., after its terrible day in Dallas at the State Fair a week ago?
4. Kansas State hit a wall. The Wildcats were outscored 70-10 and outgained 612-199 in the final two quarters against TCU and first half against Oklahoma on Saturday.
5. OU quarterback Baker Mayfield must have been smirking a bit seeing a Kansas freshman QB throw for 330 yards against Texas Tech knowing the Sooners will host the Red Raiders — Mayfield’s former team — this week.