Football

Here are the DFW, Big 12 and A&M recruits in the final Top247 rankings

All-Americans at work

Richland linebacker DaShaun White and 53 new friends, the West team for the U.S. Army All-American Bowl, spent some of New Year’s Day in practice at the Alamodome.
Up Next
Richland linebacker DaShaun White and 53 new friends, the West team for the U.S. Army All-American Bowl, spent some of New Year’s Day in practice at the Alamodome.

Richland High School star linebacker DaShaun White is the highest-rated DFW recruit in the final 2018 Top 247 rankings, which were released by 247Sports on Thursday.

White, an Army-All American and Oklahoma commitment, is the No. 125 player in the country.

Arlington Lamar’s Bobby Brown, an Alabama commit, checks in at No. 142.

TCU was well-represented with three signees making the cut. QB Justin Rogers (Bossier City, LA/Parkway) is the highest-rated Frog at No. 52, and that’s despite him missing most of his senior season with an injury. He’s already on campus in Fort Worth.

He’s followed by speedy receiver Tevailance Hunt (Texarkana, TX/Texas High) at No. 166 and CB Trevon Moehrig-Woodard (Spring Branch, TX/Smithson Valley) at No. 199.

Longhorns CB commit Jalen Green (Houston/Heights) is the highest-rated Texan on the list at No. 17 followed by fellow future teammates DeMarvion Overshown, a safety from Arp ranked No. 28, safety Caden Sterns from Cibolo Steele at No. 32, and safety BJ Foster from Angleton at No. 37. Green, Overshown, and Sterns all received five-star honors.

Texas also has the No. 77 player in WR Brennan Eagles from Houston/Alief Taylor), the No. 103 recruit in CB D’Shawn Jamison (Houston/Lamar, the No. 104 recruit in LB Ayodele Adeoye (Saint Louis, MO/IMG Academy), CB Anthony Cook (Houston/Lamar) at No. 120, OT Junior Angilau (Salt Lake City, UT/East), DT Keondre Coburn (Houston/Westfield) at No. 194, WR Al’Vonte Woodard (Houston/Lamar) at No. 197, RB Keaontay Ingram (Carthage, TX) at No. 198

WR Jaylen Waddle (Bellaire, TX/Episcopal) is the highest-rated uncommitted Texan on the list at No. 64. The four-star has a 56 percent chance of landing with Texas A&M, per 247, followed by Alabama at 32 percent. Safety Leon O’Neal Jr. (Cypress, Texas/Cy Springs) is the next highest-rated uncommitted Texan at No. 86. He has an 80% chance at landing with the Aggies, per 247, followed by a 20 percent chance with Oklahoma. They are followed by WR Joshua Moore (Yoakum, TX) at No. 147, who is also projected to head to College Station.

The Aggies highest-rated commit is OT Colten Blanton (Cypress, TX/Cy Ranch) at No. 97, followed by DE Max Wright (Katy, TX/Taylor) at No. 143, WR Jalen Preston (Manvel, TX) at No. 193, and OG Luke Matthews (Missouri City, TX/Elkins) at No. 228.

Oklahoma had its customary representation with 9 Top247 members, including the No. 15 and 16 players in OT Brey Walker (Moore, OK/Westmoore) and DE Jalen Redmond (Oklahoma City/Midwest City).

Other DFW representatives on the list included Denton Ryan QB Spencer Sanders (Oklahoma State) at No. 167, LSU commit Jarell Cherry (Dallas/Carter) at No. 202, Mansfield safety Cam’Ron Jones at No. 232, and Arkansas QB commit Bumper Pool (Lucas/Lovejoy) at No. 243.

Clemson QB commit Trevor Lawrence (Cartersville, GA) is the No. 1 overall player, followed by Georgia QB commit Justin Fields (Kennesaw, GA/Harrison), Alabama DE commit Eyabi Anoma (Baltimore, MD/St. Frances Academy), Clemson DE commit Xavier Thomas (Bradenton, FL/IMG Academy), and Penn State DE commit Micah Parsons (Harrisburg, PA).

Related stories from Fort Worth Star Telegram

  Comments