Weather

Halloween might be a little wet for Dallas/Fort-Worth trick-or-treaters

Widespread showers and thunderstorms are expected across parts of the region during the day on Wednesday, the National Weather Service in Fort Worth said.
Widespread showers and thunderstorms are expected across parts of the region during the day on Wednesday, the National Weather Service in Fort Worth said. National Weather Service in Fort Worth

The National Weather Service in Fort Worth has some bad news for area witches and wizards, ghouls and goblins.

There’s a chance trick-or-treaters in Dallas/Fort-Worth will have to cover up those well-crafted costumes with a rain jacket or umbrella on Wednesday.

“A strong cold front will sweep into the region late Tuesday night and into Wednesday,” the NWS said on Sunday. “As this occurs, widespread showers and thunderstorms are expected across parts of the region during the day on Wednesday. While the highest rain chances will shift east of I- 35 during the evening and overnight, at least low chances for rain will linger west of I-35 after 7 p.m.”

Some storms may become strong with a threat for hail and strong wind gusts along with heavy rainfall, the NWS said.

The chance of precipitation on Wednesday is 70 percent, but chances drop to just 30 percent for Fort Worth on Wednesday night.

Because of the weather, the Waxahachie Police Department moved their trunk-or-treat to Tuesday from 6 to 7:30 p.m.

Photos show how flooding around Lake Arlington has affected the environment. According to the Texas Water and Development Board, Lake Arlington is full.

  Comments