A North Texas family lost their home Sunday, the second time it was destroyed in less than a year.
The Garcia family’s home in Rowlett was struck by a tornado on Dec. 26, 2015. They spent almost $40,000 on repairs and were just about done, WFAA-TV reported.
Then, disaster struck again.
As temperatures plunged late Saturday, they lit a fire in the fireplace overnight, and woke up to a massive fire destroying their home, WFAA-TV reported.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
David and Kendra Garcia, her two grown children and their seven dogs made it out of the house safely, and watched the fire destroy the house. A faulty chimney or fireplace is believed to have caused the fire, WFAA-TV reported.
A GoFundMe page has been created to help them, and friends and family are also collecting donations for them at the following locations:
Southern Pride Openings
5101 Gordon Smith Drive, Rowlett
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Studio 360 Hair Salon
8602 Lakeview Parkway, Rowlett
Hours: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.; Wednesday and Saturday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
De'lectable De'signs by De' Hair Salon
3830 Main St., Rowlett