Don’t waste your time picking Mickey Mouse for president.
If you write that name on the ballot in Texas, it won’t even be counted.
But there are a handful of names that can be written in on the ballot — and election officials will tally those votes.
Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Star-Telegram
There are four names listed on the ballot for president: Republican Donald Trump, Democrat Hillary Clinton, Libertarian Gary Johnson and the Green Party’s Jill Stein.
And there are 13 other presidential candidates, and their running mates, who have been approved as declared write-in candidates in Texas, according to the Texas Secretary of State’s Office.
▪ Darrell L. Castle / Scott N. Bradley
▪ Scott Cubbler / Michael Rodriguez
▪ Cherunda Fox / Roger Kushner
▪ Tom Hoefling / Steve Schulin
▪ Laurence Kotlikoff / Edward Leamer
▪ Jonathan Lee / Jeffrey Erskine
▪ Michael A. Maturen / Juan A. Munoz
▪ Evan McMullin / Nathan Johnson
▪ Monica Moorehead / Lamont Lilly
▪ Robert Morrow / Todd Sanders
▪ Emidio Soltysik / Angela Walker
▪ Dale Steffes / Paul E. Case
▪ Tony Valdivia / Aaron Barriere