Fort Worth

Two hospitalized after freon leak at Fort Worth funeral home

A Freon leak at a Fort Worth funeral home led to two people being transported to the hospital Saturday.
A Freon leak at a Fort Worth funeral home led to two people being transported to the hospital Saturday. McClatchy

The Fire Department responded to a funeral home Saturday where staff members were complaining of headaches.

The Fort Worth Fire Department responded around 11 a.m. to Spencer Funeral Home at 4000 Miller Ave. to find that there was a freon leak in their large refrigeration unit, Fire Department spokesman Kyle Clay said.

Two people were transported to the hospital for their headaches but were expected to recover, Clay said.

The hazmat team responded and confirmed that a high level of freon was leaking into the refrigeration unit. The funeral home also had an air-conditioning team come out and repair the leak, Clay said.

Azia Branson: 817-390-7547, @aziabranson

  Comments