Fort Worth

Two ex-girlfriends of Fort Worth kidnapping suspect have vanished

The home were Christopher Revill lives backs up to Sandy Lane Park in east Fort Worth, where police continued to search for Typhenie Johnson on Friday.
The home were Christopher Revill lives backs up to Sandy Lane Park in east Fort Worth, where police continued to search for Typhenie Johnson on Friday.

A Fort Worth man held on a kidnapping charge in connection with the disappearance of his ex-girlfriend had another ex-girlfriend vanish a decade ago.

Taalibah Islam, with whom Christopher Revill had a son, was last seen in January 2006.

According to that report, Revill told police that he last saw Islam, who at the time was his ex-girlfriend, five days earlier when she and their child visited him in the 1900 block of Bay Oaks Court.

Revill told police that Islam left the residence, leaving the baby behind, and got into a vehicle with an unknown person and left. He told police that he believed she would come back for the baby but that no one had heard from her since.

He told police it was “unusual” for Islam to be gone so long without calling about the baby.

Islam has never been found.

When asked if Revill is a suspect in Islam’s 2006 disappearance and whether that case has been reopened, police spokesman Jimmy Pollozani responded by email that the major case unit is “focusing their attention on trying to locate” Typhenie Johnson, 25.

On Friday morning, investigators returned to the area of Sandy Lane Park, near where Revill lives, to conduct another search. His residence, in the 7500 block of Calmar Court, backs up to the park, which is about 14 miles from Johnson’s apartment. Police were also searching an area near Trinity Boulevard and Texas 360, not far from the Post Oak East apartments where Johnson was last seen.

Officials called off the search later Friday and said they will not search during the weekend unless they have new leads, according to Pollozani. Otherwise police plan to resume their search on Monday.

According to an affidavit, Johnson had been talking to Revill, with whom she had broken up two months earlier, outside her apartment.

During their talk on Monday, Johnson reiterated to Revill “that it was over,” the affidavit states.

Concerned for Johnson, her brother and her current boyfriend had been keeping an eye on the talking couple, but after about 20 minutes, Revill and Johnson moved their conversation to the side of the building.

About 20 minutes later, Revill then came into Johnson’s apartment and collected some items. When asked by Johnson’s brother where his sister had gone, Revill told him she “left with someone who was going to fix her vehicle” and then departed himself.

When Johnson’s brother went downstairs to look for her, he noticed that Revill’s car was backed into an area of grass and dirt. He saw Revill close the trunk before getting inside the car and driving away.

Near where Revill’s car had been parked, the brother found his sister’s sock and cellphone. Her car keys were later found in the parking lot, police said.

Johnson’s brother called Fort Worth police about 15 minutes later.

A responding officer called Revill and told him he needed to return to the complex.

Revill arrived about 25 minutes later, sweating despite the cool temperature, the affidavit states.

Revill told investigators he had not harmed Johnson and had not parked in the grass where Johnson’s belongings were found.

The affidavit states, however, that shoe and tire impressions left in the grass and dirt area where Johnson’s belongings were found appeared to match Revill’s tires and shoes.

A search of the back yard at his place of residence also uncovered a stretched-out bra, a woman’s shirt, a broken watch and a man’s tank top, according to the affidavit.

Revill’s parents, who were not home when Johnson went missing, told police that the items did not belong to them and had not been in the yard before, according to the affidavit.

Revill remained in the Mansfield Jail on Friday on the kidnapping charge and a parole violation.

Revill was convicted in Dallas County in 2008 of aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon, robbery and assault of a public servant. He was sentenced to five years in prison.

He was released in March 2013.

Four months later, he was charged with burglary of a habitation with intent to commit assault in connection with an Everman case. He pleaded guilty in November 2013 and was sentenced to five years in prison.

He was released on parole in July 2015, according to state prison records.

Johnson’s family, which has declined to comment so far, is scheduled to give a statement to the media Saturday morning.

This report includes material from the Star-Telegram archives.

Deanna Boyd: 817-390-7655, @deannaboyd

Related stories from Fort Worth Star Telegram