Fort Worth

She told her ex-boyfriend ‘it was over’ and then went missing

A 25-year-old Fort Worth woman told her ex-boyfriend “that it was over” less than an hour before she went missing this week, according to a affidavit police released Thursday.

A bra “stretched out as if pulled apart,” a woman’s shirt and a broken smartwatch were later found in the back yard of the ex-boyfriend’s home, the affidavit said.

Authorities are still searching for Typhenie Johnson, who was last seen at the Post Oak East apartments in far east Fort Worth, near Texas 360 and Trinity Boulevard, about 9 p.m. Monday.

Christopher Revill, the ex-boyfriend mentioned in the affidavit, was arrested Tuesday and faces a kidnapping charge.

On Thursday, investigators were searching the area of Sandy Lane Park in east Fort Worth, near where Revill lives, said officer Jimmy Pollozani, a police spokesman. The house, in the 7500 block of Calmar Court, backs up to the park, which is about 14 miles from Johnson’s apartment.

Police were also searching through more than 400 acres near Johnson’s apartment, Pollozani said. The search area is thick with trees and brush near Riverside Golf Club and the Trinity River.

When police met with Revill on Monday night, he was “sweating excessively,” despite the cool temperature of about 65 degrees, the affidavit said.

Earlier that night, Revill and Johnson were seen by her brother talking outside her apartment about 9 p.m.

The two had dated for about eight months, but Johnson broke up with Revill two months ago, the affidavit said.

During their talk Monday, Johnson told Revill “that it was over,” the affidavit said.

After about 20 minutes, they moved their conversation to the side of the apartment building, out of sight of Johnson’s brother and her current boyfriend, who were watching from her apartment.

After another 20 minutes, Revill came to Johnson’s apartment and “collected some items,” the affidavit said.

When Johnson’s brother asked where his sister went, Revill told him she “left with someone who was going to fix her vehicle.”

Revill then left the apartment.

Open trunk

About five minutes later, Johnson’s brother went downstairs to look for her. When he walked around the corner of the building, he saw that Revill’s car had been moved from the parking lot and was backed onto a yard area of grass and dirt.

Johnson’s brother also noticed that Revill’s trunk was open. He saw Revill close the trunk and drive out of the apartment complex, according to the affidavit.

When Johnson’s brother walked over to where Revill’s car had been parked, he found his sister’s sock and cellphone. Her car keys were later discovered in the parking lot, police said.

After about 15 minutes, Revill remained gone, so Johnson’s brother called Fort Worth police. An officer arrived and called Revill, telling him he needed to return to the complex.

Revill arrived back at the apartments about 25 minutes later. He told police the heat caused him to sweat, but the officers noted that the temperature was “very cool and that no one should be sweating” like Revill was.

Officers then compared Revill’s tires with the impressions left in the grass and dirt area at the apartment complex and they “appeared to match,” the affidavit said.

There were also shoe impressions in the same area that matched Revill’s shoes.

Clothes at Revill’s home

Officers then went to Revill’s home. In the back yard, they found the stretched-out bra, the woman’s shirt, the broken watch and a man’s tank top, according to the affidavit.

Revill’s parents, who were not home when Johnson went missing, told police that the items did not belong to them and had not been in the yard before, according to the affidavit.

During interviews with detectives, Revill denied harming Johnson and parking in the grass where Johnson’s belongings were found.

Revill remained in Mansfield Jail on Thursday with bail set at $50,000.

Johnson’s family has declined to speak to the media.

Anyone with information on Johnson’s whereabouts is asked to contact police at 817-392-4430.

Related stories from Fort Worth Star Telegram