Second arrest made in slaying of Forest Hill man

A second man has been arrested in connection with an ambush shooting last month that left a Forest Hill man dead.

Terry Ingram, 19, was being held in the Mansfield Jail Wednesday with bail set at $75,000 in the murder case.

Last week, police arrested Kenneth Ray Remble, 26, on a murder warrant. He was formally charged with murder in the case on April 4 and remained held in the Tarrant County Jail Wednesday with bail set at $125,000.

The two men are accused of firing at a car with three occupants inside near the intersection of Elgin and Effie streets, killing a 24-year-old passenger, Hubert McClendon.

Officers responding to the reported shooting on March 29 found a car riddled with bullet holes and McClendon lying next to it with a gunshot wound to the head. He died of his injuries the next morning at John Peter Smith Hospital.

The car’s 24-year-old female driver, who was hospitalized with multiple gunshot wounds to the arm and torso, was later released. A backseat passenger, the driver’s aunt, was not hit.

The driver told police that her aunt, who was dating McClendon, had called her that night and asked her to pick the couple up at a Fort Worth park because McClendon was “getting into it with some people,” according to Remble’s arrest warrant affidavit.

The driver said she arrived at the park to find McClendon in an apparent dispute with several males at the park, including Remble with whom McClendon had been “beefing” via Facebook, the affidavit, written by homicide K.C. Sullivan, states.

The driver, her aunt and McClendon, along with a third woman, left the park after seeing Remble run toward a maroon SUV and becoming concerned he was going to get a gun, the affidavit states.

The group had dropped off the third woman at the Cavile Place apartments and were stopped at a stop sign on Effie Street when a maroon SUV, matching the description of the one at the park, pulled up beside the car.

Remble, a front seat passenger in the SUV, then allegedly fired toward the trio’s car, hitting the driver and McClendon, the affidavit states.

Tarrant County court records show Ingram had been wanted on a bond forfeiture warrant since May 2012 in a still pending possession of marijuana case. He was also being held Wednesday without bond on that warrant.

Remble had just been freed from prison about six months ago after being sentenced in 2009 to a five-year term on a conviction for aggravated assault for shooting a man.