Keller woman awaiting sentencing in husband’s slaying is back in jail

A Keller woman whose sentencing in the fatal shooting of her husband was delayed until April because she was reportedly pregnant with twins is now in jail after it was discovered that she is no longer pregnant.

The Tarrant County district attorney’s office declined to confirm whether Michele Marie Williams, 44, had miscarried, saying only that “her medical condition no longer existed.”

Williams was jailed Thursday after state District Judge Scott Wisch held her bond as insufficient. She will remain incarcerated until her sentencing hearing, which has been moved up from April 21 to Feb. 10.

Her attorney, Stuart Parker, could not be reached for comment.

Williams pleaded guilty in October to deadly conduct and tampering with evidence in the October 2011 death of her husband, Gregory Williams.

In exchange for her plea, prosecutors agreed to recommend an 18-year prison sentence for tampering with evidence and a two-year sentence for deadly conduct.

Michele Williams initially blamed her husband’s fatal shooting on an intruder in their home in the 1400 block of Jacob Avenue. Then she told police that he took his own life.

She said she lied to protect their 4-year-old daughter, who was in the house when the shooting took place, from finding out that her father had killed himself.

A search warrant affidavit indicated that Michele Williams may have sedated her husband and turned up the television to cover the sound of the gunshot. It also implied that she used the Internet to research how to stage a crime scene.

Although Williams was indicted on a murder charge, prosecutors have said they entered the plea agreement because of “serious legal and technical issues with the investigation.”

“Specifically, the defendant succeeded in destroying and doctoring evidence necessary to prove an intentional murder,” Deputy Chief District Attorney Jack Strickland previously told the Star-Telegram.

Gregory Williams owned a computer programming company in North Texas, and his wife was the office manager.

Michele Williams had also operated a frozen-yogurt shop in far north Fort Worth across from Keller Central High School.

The plea agreement requires her to relinquish any claim to insurance benefits from her husband’s death.

Related stories from Fort Worth Star Telegram