Crime

Teen in car injured in Fort Worth drive-by shooting on road Thursday, police say

A young man around 19 years old was injured by broken glass after someone shot at a car Thursday afternoon, Fort Worth police said.

The drive-by shooting occurred around 1 p.m. near South Hulen Street and Altamesa Boulevard, in southwest Fort Worth.

Police said no one suffered from gunshot wounds, but shots were fired into a vehicle and broken glass injured the young man, who was inside.

The victim was taken to a local hospital for treatment.

The motive for the shooting is under investigation. No suspect descriptions have been released.

This story was originally published November 4, 2021 at 1:31 PM.

Jessika Harkay
Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Jessika Harkay was a breaking news reporter for the Fort Worth Star-Telegram until 2022. Jessika is a Baylor graduate who previously worked as a breaking news reporter at the Hartford Courant and interned at the New York Daily News.
Get unlimited digital access
#ReadLocal

Try 1 month for $1

CLAIM OFFER