Second man charged with capital murder in Fort Worth killing

Tevin Wilson, 23, is accused in the January robbery and fatal shooting of Kendal Craddock.
Tevin Wilson, 23, is accused in the January robbery and fatal shooting of Kendal Craddock. Courtesy

A second man was charged Thursday with capital murder in the robbery and fatal shooting of a man found dead in January, hours after his car was found burning in east Fort Worth.

Tevin Damond Wilson, 23, was arrested Tuesday. He remained in the Mansfield jail Thursday with bail set at $75,000.

Wilson and Willie Demarcus Harris, 24, are accused in the death of Kendal Craddock, 26.

Craddock’s family had gone in search of Craddock after his Dodge Charger was found burning in the roadway in the 7200 block of Lowery Road early on Jan. 28. They found him dead inside a house in the 3700 block of Ruthann Drive, where he was known to stay.

That morning, Harris drew the homicide unit’s attention after he emerged from a house and shot a gun into the air several times. Homicide Sgt. Joe Loughman, followed by other detectives, happened to be driving by when Harris fired the gun.

Police seized the gun and questioned Harris, who told investigators that he had fired the weapon because he was upset by the death of Craddock, his friend.

Harris was later arrested on a capital murder warrant after further investigation revealed that he was behind the slaying, Loughman has said.

According to Harris’ arrest warrant affidavit, Wilson was first interviewed on Jan. 30. He acknowledged that he had been at the house on Ruthann but said Craddock was still alive when he left.

In a Feb. 2 interview, however, Wilson acknowledged that he had been present when Craddock was killed.

Wilson told detectives that he had gone to the house with Harris, who wanted to rob Craddock of money and drugs. Wilson said he did not want to go along with the plan.

Harris apparently shot Craddock once in the head as Craddock played a video game on his cell phone, and then Harris rifled through Craddock’s pockets, stealing his keys, money and drugs, Wilson said.

The men fled, but Harris, worried that he had touched too many things in the house, later returned to clean up and get Craddock’s car, Wilson told police. The men later set the car ablaze in east Fort Worth, he said.

Harris remained in the Tarrant County Jail Thursday, charged with capital murder. His bail is set at $500,000.

Deanna Boyd, 817-390-7655

Twitter: @deannaboyd