High school basketball season is almost here, and the Weatherford Kangaroo Basketball Booster Club is celebrating with their annual Tip-Off Event Thursday at 6:30 p.m. in the WHS gym. The public is invited to this fun, free event.
Head Coach Brian Miller and the boosters will introduce the freshman, JV and varsity boys teams, each squad will play a short scrimmage, and then the program’s best long-range shooters will face off in a three-point shooting contest.
One of the highlights of the event will be the live auction featuring a wide array of items at a variety of price ranges. Some of the items include:
· Four premium tickets and parking to see LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers vs. the Dallas Mavericks on March 10 (donated by First National Bank of Weatherford)
· A game ball signed by San Antonio Spurs star and future Hall of Famer Tim Duncan (donated by AT&T)
· A family four-pack Segway tour of Trinity Trails in Fort Worth (donated by First Financial Bank)
· A surprise auction item donated by Plains Capital Bank
· And much more, including restaurant gift certificates, spa packages, etc.
The crowd will also have the chance to win some delicious sweets in a silent auction specifically for desserts.
Monies raised during the Tip-Off will support the Kangaroo teams by providing post-game meals, equipment, college scholarships and other items.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.