Weatherford Opinion

Weatherford Opinion

Long range plan for public education requires community input

Of the ten public education objectives found in our Texas Education Code, my personal favorite is the very first – it states; Parents will be full partners with educators in the education of their children. This objective reflects the required engagement necessary to protect the value of education, the pursuit for continuous improvement, and to celebrate student achievement. The Texas Education Code provides us with our public education’s mission and vision statements, ten objectives, and four goals. A link is provided below.

Weatherford Opinion

A Most Wonderful Time of the Year

In 1963 Andy Williams released a Christmas album featuring the song The Most Wonderful Time of the Year. A delightful song celebrating the Christmas season, it became an immediate hit. While I enjoy Christmas as much as anyone, I must suggest that there are other times or seasons that offer equally rewarding experiences. Paramount among those is the time to enjoy vine ripe tomatoes fresh from the garden.

Weatherford Opinion

The 85th Legislature – A Capitol Visit

I recently had the privilege to visit with our local state representatives; Senator Craig Estes and House Representative Phil King. Joining me were a couple of superintendents and trustees including Weatherford ISD Supt. Dr. Jeffrey Hanks and Trustee Jeff Geyer.

Five Facts: TCU vs. Oklahoma State

On Saturday, the TCU Horned Frogs will take on the Oklahoma State Cowboys for the 29th time in football. Here's what you should know before the upcoming match-up.