Volunteers with the AARP Foundation’s Tax-Aide program are gearing up to help area residents with their 2014 income tax returns beginning Feb. 1. The program provides free tax help for area resident taxpayers with special attention to those age 60 and older, however, you don’t have to be a member of AARP or over age 60. Taxpayers with complex returns are advised to seek paid tax assistance.
The volunteers are trained and tested in current tax law using IRS material to assist in filing basic income tax returns such as a form 1040 with schedules A, B, D, EIC, M, R, SE, and limited Schedules C and E. Appointments are available at the following locations:
▪ Tuesday- Azle Senior Center - 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. – 817-444-0070
▪ Wednesday – Mineral Wells Boyce Ditto Library - Noon - 5 p.m. – 940-328-7880
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Thursday - Mineral Wells Senior Center - 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. – 940-325-6470
Azle Library - 3 p.m. - 7 p.m. - 817-444-7216; *Weatherford Library - 3 p.m. - 7 p.m. – 817-598-4150
▪ Friday - Azle Library - 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. and Weatherford Library - 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
▪ Saturday - Weatherford Library - 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Call the number(s) shown above to set up an appointment or drop by and make an appointment in person. People who are interested in seeking help from the AARP Tax-Aide volunteers should bring the following items with them when they come in:
▪ Copy of last year's income tax return;
▪ W-2 forms from each employer;
▪ Unemployment compensation forms;
▪ SSA-1099 form if they were paid Social Security Benefits;
▪ All 1099 forms (1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B, etc.) showing interest and/or Dividends and documentation showing original purchase price of assets sold;
▪ 1099-misc showing any miscellaneous income;
▪ 1099-R form if they received a pension or annuity;
▪ All forms indicating federal income tax paid;
▪ Dependent care provider information (name, employer ID number or social security number and address);
▪ All receipts or canceled checks if itemizing deductions;
▪ S.S. cards or other official documentation for themselves/dependents.