What does your Christmas dinner look like? Over the year’s ours has turned into a Mexican fiesta complete with enchiladas, tamales and a lot more. We usually start the meal off with some type of soup. One of our favorites has become tortilla soup. Be sure and give this a try - you’ll be glad you did.
Crockpot Tortilla Soup
▪ 1 onion, chopped
▪ 2 cloves garlic, minced
▪ 2 ribs celery, chopped
▪ 1/4 to 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
▪ 1 zucchini, thinly squash, thinly sliced
▪ 1 16 oz bag frozen corn
▪ 2 cans chicken broth
▪ 1 can diced tomatoes
▪ 1 small can tomato sauce
▪ 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
▪ 1/2 tsp. cumin
▪ 1/2 tsp. chili powder
▪ shredded cheese (Monterrey Jack or cheddar)
▪ tortilla chips
1. Sauté first 4 ingredients in a little butter or olive oil.
2. Throw everything everything else into the crockpot (except the cheese and chips) and cook on low for about 6 hours.
3. Add sauté ingredients.
4. Serve with cheese and tortilla chips.
Favorites from the Country Center Point Baptist Church