Theatre Off The Square is Parker County's only regularly scheduled live theatre venue. A nonprofit organization, the community theatre relies on volunteers to continue to produce shows each season. The 2017 season tickets are now on sale and can be purchased until January 29, 2017. The price is $100 for 8 great shows including the musical. There will be 9 shows; one is off-season and not included in the price. Season tickets can be used for evening or matinee performances. They can be purchased in the Box Office or on the website at www.theatreoffthesquare
The 2017 Season of Shows are:
▪ Doublewide, Texas by Jones Hope Wooten (Jan. 13 – 29) presented by special arrangement with Dramatists Play Service, Inc.;
▪ Anne of Green Gables adapted by Peter DeLaurier (Mar. 3 – 19) produced by special arrangement with Playscripts, Inc.;
▪ How the Other Half Loves (off-season show) by Alan Ayckbourn (Apr. 21 – 30) produced by special arrangement with Samuel French, Inc.;
▪ Dilemmas With Dinner by Robin Roberts (May 26 – June 11) produced by special arrangement with Playscripts, Inc.;
▪ Rapunzel by Karen Boettcher-Tate and Hyronomous A. Frog, The Frog Prince adapted by Edith Weiss (June 30 – July 9) produced by special arrangement with Pioneer Drama Service, Inc.;
▪ Big Fish: 12 Chairs Version music & lyrics by Andrew Lippa, book by John August (Aug. 4 – 20) presented through special arrangement with and all authorized performance materials are supplied by Theatrical Rights Worldwide;
▪ The Miss Firecracker Contest by Beth Henley (Sept. 15 – Oct. 1) presented by special arrangement with Dramatists Play Service, Inc.;
▪ The Crucible by Arthur Miller (Oct. 20 – Nov. 5) presented by special arrangement with Dramatists Play Service, Inc.;
▪ WORLD PREMIERE - of the new Jones Hope Wooten play, a sequel to Doublewide, Texas (Dec. 1 – 17).
Auditions for the first production, Doublewide, Texas will be Monday, Oct. 31 and Tuesday, Nov. 1 (callbacks if needed, Wed., Nov. 2) at 6:30 pm in the Green Room of Theatre Off The Square, 114 N. Denton.
In this hilarious, fast-paced comedy, the inhabitants of one of the smallest trailer parks in Texas, four double-wides and a shed, are thrown for a loop when they realize the nearby town of Tugaloo is determined to annex them. The rollicking mayhem of this flat-out funny Jones Hope Wooten comedy escalates as the residents attempt to secede from Texas, discover a traitor in their midst, and turn the tables in a surprising and side-splitting finale.
Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script. A perusal copy is available in the Box Office. Rehearsals begin Dec. 5; production dates are Jan. 13-29. Curtain time is 8 pm on Friday and Saturday and at 2 pm on Sunday. All roles are available. Visit www.theatreoffthesquare
.org for more information.