A gas leak forced the evacuation of a Southlake neighborhood Monday afternoon, police tweeted, and it was fixed early Tuesday morning.
The gas line was severed in the 2900 block of Sutton Place around 3 p.m.. Residents were being asked to stay away until crews completed repairs, which took longer than expected.
Kim Leach, spokeswoman for the Southlake Department of Public Safety, said Tuesday morning that the repairs were completed about 4 a.m., and residents weren’t allowed permanently back into their homes until after then. Atmos Energy put them up for the night.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
About 27 homes had to be evacuated, according to WFAA-TV.