Students and staff at Timberview High School got a Halloween surprise Monday morning when a fire ignited in the iPad technology room.
Construction on the room was under way and is believed to be linked to the blaze, said Mansfield school district spokesperson Hope Boyd.
“Everybody was safely evacuated,” Boyd said.
The Arlington Fire Department responded to the fire at 11:30 a.m. and quickly contained and extinguished it, she said.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
“I don’t think there’s any visible damage,” Boyd said. “They are still investigating.”
Staff and students were returning to the building within an hour, she said.
Timberview is located in Arlington but in the Mansfield school district.