The settlement that grew around the Man and Feild mill began to take shape once the mill was up and running in early 1860. Soon after Julian Feild opened the first post office in the settlement and was named postmaster. He also opened the first general merchandise store that same year.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.