Weather permitting, and that’s a major consideration considering the ripe conditions for thunderstorms, Interstate 35W will be a bigger mess than usual Monday night.
Lanes will close, connectors will change and exit ramps will be shut down along the busy freeway from downtown Fort Worth to Basswood Boulevard to the north, according to a news release from officials with the $1.4 billion North Tarrant Express 35W project.
The changes will be in effect from 9 p.m. Monday to 5 a.m. Tuesday.
Here’s what you can look forward to:
▪ The connector from northbound I-35W to westbound Loop 820 will be closed and traffic will be directed to Basswood.
▪ Westbound 820 will be closed at the I-35W interchange and traffic will be directed to Basswood.
▪ Rolling closures at the connectors from eastbound 820 to northbound I-35W, northbound I-35W to eastbound I-820 and southbound I-35W to westbound I-820.
▪ Rolling closures of northbound and southbound lanes of I-35W from 28th Street to 33rd Street.
▪ The exit ramp to Pharr Street from southbound I-35W will be closed and traffic will be directed to the Belknap Street exit.
▪ The exit ramp to Pharr from northbound I-35W will be closed and traffic will be directed to the Northside Dive/Yucca Avenue exit.
▪ The entrance ramp from Pharr to southbound I-35W will be closed and traffic will be directed to the Gilvin Street on-ramp.
Officials said last week that the $1.6 billion project is halfway done and should be finished by late 2018.