A man died in a house fire Saturday morning near Cleburne, according to the Johnson County Sheriff’s Department.
Cleburne and county emergency responders were called to the fire at about 7 a.m. in the 1400 block of Boone Street, which “skirts the city limits,” sheriff’s Lt. Jim Jones said. An older male appears to have died from smoke inhalation, Jones said.
The cause of the fire hadn’t been determined, Jones said. While he couldn’t describe the extent of the damage, he said firefighters “were there for quite a while.”
Mark David Smith, 817-390-7808
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.