A woman places a red cloth over a package on a front porch, hikes up her pants and walks off with the brown box that had been left under a swing on the front porch of a TCU-area home.
Fort Worth police on Wednesday released security camera video of the woman taken at 1:40 p.m. Nov. 25 in the 3600 block of Westcliff Road South.
The video shows the woman walking onto the porch holding the cloth. She placed it over a package and moved it behind a column. She waited about 30 seconds before lifting the package and walking away with it.
Sgt. Steve Enright, a Fort Worth police spokesman, offered tips about package delivery during the holidays:
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ When possible, have your packages delivered to your office or to a place where you know someone is home.
▪ Ask a retailer to let you know specifically when your package will arrive and plan to have someone there to accept it.
▪ Often you can have the package delivered to the shipper’s facility and pick it up there when it is convenient for you.
▪ You can have your package shipped to the store where it was ordered for later pickup.
▪ You can also provide delivery instructions as to where the package should be left, perhaps making it less likely to be taken.
How to help
Anyone with information on the identity of this woman is asked to contact Fort Worth police detectives at 817-392-4726.