The last of three men arrested in a drive-by shooting in Forest Hill last year was sentenced to 18 years in prison after he pleaded guilty to murder.
Kenneth Ray Remble, 27, fatally shot Hubert McClendon, 24, and wounded a woman who was driving near Elgin and Effie streets on March 29, 2014.
The cases against two other Fort Worth men arrested in the shooting — Terry Ingram, 20, and Eugenio Martinez, 28 — have also been resolved. Ingram pleaded guilty Monday to attempted murder and was sentenced to three years in prison. And in March, a Tarrant County grand jury declined to indict Martinez, according to court records filed with the Tarrant County district clerk’s office.
Officers responding to the shooting found a car riddled with bullet holes and McClendon lying next to it with a gunshot wound to the head. He died of his injuries the next morning at John Peter Smith Hospital.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Star-Telegram
The 24-year-old female driver, who was hospitalized with multiple gunshot wounds to the arm and torso, was later released from the hospital. A backseat passenger, the driver’s aunt, was not hit. A third woman had been dropped off at an apartment complex before the shooting.
A witness told police that Remble and McClendon had been arguing via Facebook and had continued their dispute at a park along with some other men, an arrest warrant affidavit said. The driver picked up McClendon at the park and later saw Remble in an SUV that pulled up next to the car, according to the affidavit. Remble fired into the car, striking the driver and McClendon, the affidavit stated.
Tarrant County court records show that Ingram had been wanted on a bail forfeiture warrant since May 2012 in a marijuana possession case, which is still pending. Remble had been freed from prison about six months earlier after being sentenced in 2009 to a five-year term for aggravated assault after he shot a man.
This report includes material from the Star-Telegram archives.
Mitch Mitchell, 817-390-7752