Why it’s so hard to break an opioid addiction
A man who was found dead just after 4 p.m. on March 3 died of a drug overdose in a hypothermic environment, according to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office.
Ryan White, 25, was found in the 800 block of Beach Street in a field near a homeless camp. The high temperature in Fort Worth that day was 40 degrees, with a low of 25.
When White was found, police said that there were some signs of trauma to his body. A police report said that White had cut marks and looked to have been beaten up.
Homicide detectives went to the scene to investigate, but White’s death was ruled an accident. He had a mixture of methamphetamine, cocaine and heroin in his system, according to the medical examiner’s report.
White’s home address was listed as being in Longview, about 155 miles east of where he was found dead.